Different Types of Computer Mice.
There are three types of mouse, namely: mechanical, optomechanical and optical. Let us take a closer look at what they can do.
1. The mechanical mouse. With a rubber or metal ball underneath, these type of mice can roll in any direction. The mechanical sensors inside identify the direction in which the ball is going and the lets the pointer to move on the screen in the same direction. It requires a mouse pad to work correctly.
2. The optomechanical mouse. It is almost like the mechanical one but this uses optical or laser sensors to make the ball move. Like the mechanical mice, they require a mouse pad to advance.
3. The optical mouse. These have optical, or laser sensors beneath but do not require a mouse pad to move. However, you can use one that is exclusively made for optical mice. These mice have no mechanical moving parts. They are quick to respond and are more exact than the mechanical and optomechanical mice. They are moderately priced.
How do you hook up these mice to a computer?
– The Serial mouse directly connects to a PS/2 port or an RS-232C serial port, which is the simplest type of connection.- The PS/2 mouse links to a PS/2 port.- The USB mice can be plugged in front or at the back of your computer.- The Cordless mice are not connected physically to the network. They depend on the infrared or radio waves to send a communication to the system. They cost more than the bus and serial mice. Although its being cordless is a welcome change.
There are, however, some qualifications which you need to look into on the various types of mice. One of these is the functions of the different buttons. A computer mouse can have at least one to four buttons depending on the manufacturer. The two mouse button is the most frequently used wherein the main switch is on the left side. There are computer mice, especially for gaming, which have five or more buttons giving them access to different functions.
To sum it up, these computer mice appears to be more functional with the scroll wheel, which is very useful with long pages of documents. This is because it can be turned upward and downward in navigating in a page just like the up and down arrows on the keyboard.
As an alternative to this scroll wheel, a button is designed on the center to perform the same functions. They need to be pressed at the top or beneath, though, to work. It doesn’t matter if you are using Laptop or a desktop computer as navigating with any of these different types of a computer mouse is more comfortable.
Knowing the different qualities of a mouse and evaluating your needs will help you qualify which type of mouse will perfectly suit you. Before investing into a new mouse, better do a bit of researching so you can get the best out of your purchase.
The Importance of Your Computer Mouse.Your computers mouse is a pointing device that is used in a windows operating system environment. It is a device designed to be held in a single hand and usually consists of two or more buttons, plus one or more wheels. When you move the mouse on its tangle, it’ll regularly result in a cursor on your screen moving.
Your PC mouse is utilized fundamentally to click, hauling, replicating and executing programs. With a mix of snaps and catch pushing on your console, your ready to perform particular assignments, for example, choosing, moving, rollover, page up and down and an entire host of different activities.
The original mouse was the mechanical ball; it has since been replaced with the latest optimal version. These newest additions are both lighter in weight when compared to the old mechanical ball mouse. They are also far more precise. These types of mouses can quickly be picked up at any online computer store. Today, the wireless mouse is the most popular because of the most apparent advantages of more comfortable handling, less clutter, and competitive pricing.
The Different Types of Computer Mouses
There are some different mouse types such as the laser, wireless, ball and optical mouse. It is also possible to categorize these different mouses by their DPI resolution. Wireless mouses use Bluetooth, infrared or radio signals whereas the wired solutions use a USB or PS/2 connector.
Computer Mouse Accessories:
For you to use a mechanical mouse optimally, you’ll need a mouse pad. However, the laser and optical mouses are capable of functioning without these pads.
Top 3 Gaming Mice
If you tried looking for a gaming mouse, you might’ve noticed that a lot of them tend to be quite expensive. They have things like weight kits, extensive customizability, 8200 DPI and about 20 buttons. But for people who aren’t interesting in these features, those who want a gaming mouse that works, they’re not willing to invest $100+ in such gaming mice. Thankfully, there are a lot of more affordable mice available, and they don’t even lose that many features. So here follow my top 3 best gaming mice.
- Ergonomic right handed design with rubber painting surface - net weight: 5.00 oz (with weights 6.03 oz)
- Gold-plated USB connector - 5.9ft (1.8M) braided fiber cable - Omron Micro switches
- On-the-fly 4 level adjustable DPI switch 100-5600 - Ultra polling 125-1000hz
- Onboard Flash MCU Memory with 8 programmable buttons and 4 user profile
- High speed motion detection - up to 150ips and 30G - frame rate 11750Fps
The MX-2000B offers a lot of features associated with higher price points. These features include a big eleven buttons, all of which are programmable, a laser sensor that can handle up to 5000DPI and weight tuning cartridges. Furthermore, it comes with five user profiles that allow you to save your settings on the mouse itself. Its right-handed design is very comfortable with textured side grips and a cradle on the left side where you can comfortably rest your thumb.
- 3500dpi Razer Precision 3.5G Infrared Sensor
- 3 Buttons Tuned For Ultra-Responsive Feedback3 Buttons Tuned For Ultra-Responsive Feedback
- Hardware Toggles for DPI and Polling Rate
Its motto is “back to basics,” and that’s precisely what it does. The Razer Abyssus utilizes a 3.5G infrared sensor with DPI that can be toggled between 450, 1800 and 3500. The mouse is very lightweight and well designed, it fits well into your hand regardless of what style or hand you use. The DPI and polling rate can effortlessly be changed on the bottom of the mouse itself without any need for software. Last but not least the mouse is very durable with a excellent scrolling wheel and Omron switches.
Anker laser gaming mouse
- Scientific ergonomic design encourages healthy neutral "handshake" wrist and arm positions for smoother movement and less overall strain.
- 800 / 1200 / 1600 DPI Resolution Optical Tracking Technology provides more sensitivity than standard optical mice for smooth and precise tracking on a wide range of surfaces.
- Added next/previous buttons provide convenience when webpage browsing; the superior choice for internet surfers, gamers and people who work at length at the computer.
- Enters power saving mode (power is cut off completely) after 8 minutes idle, press right or left button for it to wake. Product dimensions: 120*62.8*74.8 mm; product weight: 3.4 oz.
- Package includes: 1 Anker Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse (2 AAA batteries not included), 1 2.4G USB receiver (in the bottom of the mouse), 1 instruction manual. 18-month hassle-free warranty.
The Anker offers without a doubt the most features for its price. The laser sensor can go up to 8000 DPI in 200 step increments and provides four profiles. Nine buttons can be reprogrammed in the software. Speaking of the software, you can switch between 2 onboard profiles, customize the light in 16 million colors and it comes with a full macro editor. As a bonus, it also comes with an eight-piece weight kit.
How to Find the Best Gaming Mouse.
If you only play games on your PC every now and again, you can get away with a standard cheaper mouse. If however you go online and play against other gamers, getting a good gamer mouse will give you a significant edge. Also, I found that when I switched to a decent mouse for playing games the greater control over the game made it much more fun for me.
Speed and precision
These are the two main features that differ significantly between a normal and a mouse for gamers. The speed of a mouse is measured by the time between updates, as to its state, to your PC (also called response time). For a gaming mouse, it should be 1 ms. The precision with which a mouse can detect movement changes is measured in dpi, for a gaming mouse it should be more than 3,500 dpi.
Gaming mice come in one of 2 designs. I would recommend the more ergonomic mice for gamers that log long hours playing games like World of Warcraft.
Wireless gaming mice
If you asked me a few years back, I would have said that the response time on a wireless mouse is too long, if you want to play games use a cabled mouse. Relatively recently, however, the wireless technology has improved, and it is now possible to buy a very fast wireless gaming mouse. It does give you more of a sense of freedom as you aren’t as tied into your computer. Be warned however these devices are quite a bit more expensive than the wired kind.
Durability and portability
A gaming mouse gets banged around quite a bit, more than an everyday mouse. If you are going to take your mouse with you to gamer events or internet cafes, you will need a carry bag. Some of the mice come, with their own. Also, some gaming mice have internal memory to store your settings. That means you can plug it in and use one of your profile’s settings without installing any new software.
If you are going to buy a gaming mouse, you should get a gaming mouse pad with it.
Non Gaming Computer Mice
The computer mouse, also called a pointer, is an input device operated with the hands, and used for manipulating objects displayed on a computer screen. A movement of the pointer causes the cursor on the screen to move and interact with the computer software elements in accordance with the instructions from the mouse.Standard mice have two front buttons (for left-clicking and right-clicking) and one center scroll wheel for moving the screen up and down quickly. However, there are variations from this standard mouse configuration to accommodate a variety of functions.
Regardless of the configuration of the mouse, the mouse will communicate with the computer either through a physical, wired connection or wirelessly. For wired connections, the mouse connects through the USB port (or PS/2 ports). Wireless connections, however, use Bluetooth or RF communication. Bluetooth mice connect to the computer’s Bluetooth hardware, while RF-based connections require a receiver to be attached to the computer.
The 10 Best Computer Mice of 2018
Here is a review of the 10 best computer mice to use in 2018.
• Microsoft Classic Intellimouse (Microsoft)
- Ultra-slim and lightweight.
- Quickly and efficiently click to complete your most common tasks with three customizable buttons.
- The ergonomic design of the new Microsoft Classic IntelliMouse is comfortable for hours of use.
- Plug in the fast, wired USB connector without waiting for Bluetooth to pair or searching for a dongle.
- The exceptional tracking that fans loved about IntelliMouse 3.0 is even more precise with a DPI range up to 3200.
For decades, the Microsoft Intellimouse has been a dependable mouse for computer users. The Microsoft Classic Intellimouse, a modern improvement of the Microsoft Intellimouse inspired by Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0, features customizable and reliable buttons, as well as a classic ergonomic look and feel. The mouse also features Bluetrack technology that enables precise tracking on just about any surface. Moreover, the tail light has an awesome white glow that add to its brilliance and elegance. The mouse is great for day-to-day computing but is not suited for gaming purposes.
• Logitech M185
- Plug-and-play wireless: Get a reliable connection from a convenient nano receiver that stays in your computer
- 1-year battery life: Go for a full year without a battery change (Battery life may vary based on user and computing conditions)
- Logitech reliability: Made by the global leader for mice and backed by a 3-year limited hardware warranty
- Contoured shape: Gives you more comfort and control
- For Windows and Mac computers: No software or setup hassles-start using your mouse right away
The Logitech M185 is a small wireless mouse that has no special feature or performance characteristics, but works reliably and does the job well. The M185 has a long-lasting life, for many months, on normal AAA batteries. In addition, the M185 has a convenient storage space under the batter cover to keep the wireless dongle. An added benefit of the M185 is that its small size makes it very easy to carry around and use on the go.
• Razer Atheris
- Gaming on the Go - 350 hours of continuous gaming on a pair of AA batteries
- Gaming Grade Precision - True 7,200 adjustable DPI offers seamless gaming experience in a portable mouse
- Built in Bluetooth Technology - Eliminates the need for wires while providing professional-grade performance
- Comfortable for Work and Play - Ambidextrous form factor with textured rubber side grips for productivity and gaming
The Razer Atheris combines perfectly gaming performance and portable convenience. The Atheris mouse is light (weighs 90g with batteries and 66g without batteries) and small making it portable, yet convenient to use for long periods of time. The Atheris uses a pair of AA batteries and its wireless dongle is stored in the mouse. The Atheris can last weeks on one pair of AA batteries and allow for up to 350 hours when continuously used for gaming. Its 7200-dpi optical sensor makes it the perfect gaming mouse.
• Logitech Pro G Wireless Mouse
- Made with and for Pro Gamers: G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse is the result of two years of work with professional esports gamers, combing advanced technologies in an ultra-lightweight design
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless: Pro-grade performance overcomes the traditional limitations of wireless latency, connectivity and power to deliver a rock-solid, super-fast 1 millisecond report rate connection
- HERO 16K Sensor: Logitech's most accurate sensor yet with up to 16,000 DPI and 10X the power efficiency of previous generation for the ultimate in wireless gaming speed, accuracy and responsiveness
- Ultra Lightweight: Innovative endoskeleton design creates a super thin yet incredibly strong outer shell, enabling the body to weigh in at a remarkably light and maneuverable 80 grams
- Ergonomic Ambidextrous Design: Tournament ready mouse developed with esports pros for maximum comfort, control and 50 million click durability. Four removable side buttons for supreme customization
The Logitech Pro G mouse has two variants; wired and wired. Both variants of the Logitech Pro G mice are fantastic; however, the wireless version clearly stands out between the two. The Logitech Pro G wireless mouse uses the latest Lightspeed wireless technology which is faster than anything ever used in day-to-day computing and gaming processes. The Pro G wireless mouse also has a new optical sensor that is superb. Besides the design is as simple as it gets, and cozy.
With an ambidextrous layout, minimal buttons, and removable side buttons, the Pro G wireless mouse is just pure class. It weighs 80g making it classy and effortless to use. The removable buttons on the side of the mouse makes it such that you only have buttons on the side beneath your thumb.
• Microsoft Arc Mouse
- Compatible with Microsoft Windows 10/ 8.1/ 8 and must be Bluetooth 4.0 enabled. Requires Mouse and Keyboard Center software installation. PC must meet these requirements to download- Microsoft Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8, 150MB available hard disk space
- Ultra-slim and lightweight. Battery life : Up to 6 months
- Snaps flat and slips easily into a pocket or Bag
- Optimized design for the most natural interaction
- Innovative full scroll plane lets you scroll both vertically . Wireless range-32.8 feet (10 meters) in open area and 16.4 feet (5 meters) in office environmentand horizontally
The Microsoft Arc Mouse is simply the definition of portability. The bendable design of the mouse makes it fold flat to a thickness of 1.4cm, making it fit into a laptop bag pocket easily. The Ac mouse weighs 82g with two AAA batteries. The AAA batteries provide, conveniently, six months of usage. When the Atheris is bent back into shape, it is deceptively comfortable. The Bluetooth feature of the Arc mouse also respond to the bendable design; when bent, the Bluetooth automatically goes off, and vice versa. The trackpad of the mouse allows vertical and sideways scrolling. The mouse also uses a Bluetrack sensor that provides reliable tracking on almost any surface.
• SteelSeries Rival 600
- Exclusive TrueMove3 12,000 CPI, 350 IPS optical 1 to 1 tracking esports sensor
- The world's lowest and most accurate lift-off distance
- 256 center of gravity weight tuning configurations. Lift Off Distance : Customizable, 0.5mm - 2 mm
- Split-trigger 60-million click mechanical switches
- Revolutionary silicone side grips for increased grip and durability
This mouse is the ultimate gaming mouse. It combines a TrueMove 3 optical sensor with a unique depth sensor that makes it exceptionally fast and accurate for tracking. With removal sides and different weight systems, the mouse has almost 256 different weight and balance configs. The lighting system is also awesome.
• Razer Mamba
- It has up to 200 inches per second/ 50g acceleration
- It has multi-color lighting
- It has 4G Dual Sensor System
- It has Gaming-Grade wireless technology
- It has improved battery life and charging dock
The Razer Mamba is an all-rounder mouse. It functions both as a wired mouse and as a wireless mouse. With the cable connected to the front of the mouse, it’s a wired mouse. With the cable disconnected, it automatically become wireless. As a result, the comfort of wireless operation is guaranteed, while the gaming performance of a wired mouse is also reliable. With the elegant charging dock of the mouse, the battery of the mouse can be easily topped up. The Mamba is also equipped with buttons, laser sensor for ultimate gaming performance, and a titling scroll wheel.
• Logitech MX Anywhere 2S
- CROSS-COMPUTER CONTROL - Logitech Flow allows you to seamlessly control multiple devices and even copy-paste content and documents between those computers
- TRACKS VIRTUALLY ANYWHERE - even on glass
- RECHARGABLE BATTERY - Up to 70 days of power on single charge
- DUAL CONNECTIVITY - Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology
- Hyper fast scrolling
The M Anywhere mouse is loaded with features for productivity in a portable package. Equipped with a Darkfield sensor that allow you track on almost any surface, the mouse is pure elegance. It uses rechargeable batteries that last for 70 days and charge in three minutes. Besides, the mouse uses cross-computer control.
• Logitech MX Master 2S
- Cross computer control. Logitech flow allows you to seamlessly control multiple devices; copy and paste content and documents between computers
- Tracks virtually anywhere even on glass
- rechargeable battery with up to 70 days on a single charge. Wireless operating distance 10 meters
- Speed adaptive scroll wheel auto-shift from click-to-click to hyper-fast scroll. Unique thumb wheel allows you to experience side-to-side scrolling and much more by installing Logitech Options
- Use with up to three Windows or Mac computers via included Unifying receiver or Bluetooth Smart wireless technology; easy switch between up to three computers with the touch of a button
The MS Master 2S is the classic definition of the productivity mouse. Using the Logitech Flow technology, it seamlessly works between multiple devices. In addition to the vertical scroll wheel, it has a thumb-controlled scroll wheel that enables sideways scroll wheel. The mouse tracking works on glass and other reflective surfaces, thanks to its powerful laser sensor. It combines elegance and comfort, charging in only three minutes. The ergonomic grip of the MX Master 2S and its customizable buttons and dials make it an excellent choice.
• Apple Magic Mouse
- The all new Magic Mouse 2 features a rechargeable battery and simplified design for an improved experience.
- Multi-Touch surface lets you easily swipe between web pages and scroll through documents, with the brush of a finger.
- Optimized foot design helps Magic Mouse 2 track easier and move with less resistance across your desk.
- Pairs automatically with your Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with OS X v10.11 or later,Built-in rechargeable battery, lasts over 1 month on a single charge, Lightning-to-USB Cable Included.
- System Requirements : Bluetooth-enabled Mac computer with OS X v10.11 or later, Connections and Expansion:Bluetooth,Lightning port,Wireless
The Magic Mouse is a fantastic choice for use with Mac. It has a touch-sensitive top surface that allows many multi-touch gestures that define the Mac experience. It proves to be easier and more reliable for many tasks than the trackpad. The best experience with Magic mouse is on the Mac, and not Windows.